Would you like to know another dish using Filipino Adobo ingredients?
Here is a recipe for Chicken Liver Adobo. This is another way of cooking Adobo instead of using pork or chicken meat you can use chicken or pork liver.
Chicken Liver Adobo Ingredients:
- ½ kilo Chicken livers
- ½ kilo Chicken gizzard
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 pieces of eggs (you can add more eggs if you want)
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper corns
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 head garlic chopped finely
- 1 piece Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Chicken Liver Adobo Cooking Instructions:
- In a big sauce pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil then Place eggs into the pot and bring to a boil, once you’re done take off the shells.
- Add the chicken liver in the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, white vinegar, oyster sauce, pepper corns, cooked eggs and the bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.
- Mix the chicken liver and sauce with cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken.
- Add salt and/or pepper if desired.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with the adobo gravy and rice.
Adobo Cooking Tips:
Make sure that you don’t overcook your chicken liver cause the taste will be bitter it should be soft and medium cooked.